Engineering Manager Position
- Fond du Lac, WI (In office)
- Full-time, Salaried plus profit-sharing plan
- Salary commensurate with experience and capabilities
- Report directly to Fedco executive leadership
- Comprehensive benefits program and profit-sharing
Fedco Batteries is a premier custom battery assembly manufacturer. Since 1975, Fedco has designed, engineered and manufactured the highest quality battery assemblies. Fedco partners with the foremost leaders in battery cell technology and accompanying components. Fedco’s factory QMS (Quality Management System) is ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 13485:2016 (medical) certified. We take pride in absolute customer service excellence and are consistently rated amongst the best suppliers by our customers. Fedco’s unique business model offerings insure a best-in-class customer experience, which ultimately creates tremendous value for our customers.
Fedco has an immediate opening for a proficient Engineering Manager to join the Fedco team. The position will work closely with existing engineering subordinate personnel (electrical, mechanical, process) along with executive management, sales department, and other internal and external stakeholders to design, engineer, validate and manufacture battery packs and associated systems primarily for O.E.M. business opportunities. All of this while maintaining our existing business through best-practice engineering functions and team management. The EM will be responsible for solving assigned technical issues that arise through daily interaction with the quality department, sales team, executive management, & customers. Also will be expected to attend occasional trade shows and seminars in order to advance technical knowledge base for yourself, the engineering department, and Fedco overall.
- Support purchasing, supply chain, quality, and sales managers with product information, technical expertise, and BOM (bill-of-material), plus supporting documentation as the basis for quotations.
- Lead development & quotation of new design(s) through outstanding engineering practices and processes.
- Work with estimating, subordinate engineering personnel, and purchasing departments to generate accurate BOMs for Fedco products and services
- Work closely with safety and regulatory agencies such as: UL, SGS, Intertech, and others and to manage testing and certification processes and programs with these agencies and liaison with Fedco customers.
- Analyze battery & charging technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of customer and internal projects.
- Plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment related to manufacturing processes and controls.
- Direct, review, and approve battery/charger design and changes. These may be internal designs or with off-shore partner companies.
- Develop and implement policies, standards, and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department, service, laboratory, or firm in accordance with Fedco’s quality management system standards.
- In conjunction with sales personnel, consult or negotiate with clients to prepare project specifications.
- Work with all departments to help insure total customer satisfaction
- Proven record of Engineering Management success in a fast paced, manufacturing environment
- Strongly prefer battery/charger design & engineering experience
- Strongly prefer medical device industry experience
- Experience with managing engineering teams of 5 or more.
- Validated ability to convey technical data and information in verbal, written and multimedia formats
- Familiarity with various engineering related software programs & skills such as CAD & Altium as well as working with MS Office programs
- Minimum 3-years of experience working with regulatory, safety, and validation companies and agencies. i.e. UL, SGS, Intertek, DOT, FAA, IATA, etc.
- Preference to knowledge of UN38.3, IEC 62133, UL 2054 and other battery/charger related safety testing processes, procedure and expected results.
- Engineering Bachelor’s degree (EE, ME, IE) from a verifiable and accredited university or college.
- 5+ years of engineering management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Verifiable leadership success
- Excellent career related references from at least 2 individuals
Note: Fedco is an ITAR facility and hire only US persons, who are defined as U. S. citizens or green card holders
If you are qualified and interested in this position please forward your resume to email@example.com.